ITS A HEALTHY AND NATURAL WAY TO FEED YOUR DOGS
I am a local mum to 4 children and we have 2 working dogs, I believe raw is the most natural and best way to feed your dogs.
The problem I found was its not easily accessible so decided to make my own and to help local people change their dogs over to raw and to see the many benefits I have seen. please contact me and I will be happy to help with any questions you may have.
Henley Raw Dog Food ingredients are of the highest quality with a firm commitment to ethically sourced produce with high animal welfare standards. (organic, free range or wild where possible).
So many working dogs that have switched to raw show significant improvements with existing illnesses results like these speak for themselves. owners also report many health benefits.
- Glossy coats with zero or little odour
- Working dogs with improved energy and vitality.
- More energy in the field/at work
- Clean tar tar free teeth.
- Fresh breath
- Supports a strong immune system.
- Reduces allergies.
- Reduces itching and licking.
- Supports healthy joints and reduces inflammation.
- Supports strong healthy muscles.
- Smaller pellet like stools which are very easy to pick up.
- Stools are odourless or much reduced in smell.
- Supports optimum internal organ function.
- Reduces anal gland issues.
- Less wind
- Improved well being, not only from eating a species appropriate diet, chewing meat and bones also releases endorphin’s that make your dog happier.
- Owners with epileptic dogs often find less medication is needed.
- Pancreatitis is often easier to manage on a raw diet.
- Other conditions often improve and require less medication.
Info on kibble v Raw
Most dry commercial pet foods have a lot of grain because the carbohydrates are needed to hold the food together. A dog does not properly digest the amount of unnatural carbohydrates found in such feed. This goes a long way to explaining why dogs on a commercial diet have much bigger stools than those fed on a raw diet. It’s the first thing people notice when they move to raw; smaller, firmer and less smelly stools due to the high digestibility of the natural food.
Such dry foods can also have a relatively low percentage of good quality ingredients. And certainly not the ratio of meat proteins usually found in a good raw food diet.
And this is where health problems can arise.
Dogs have short digestive tracts, made specifically for processing raw meat. If you look at the anatomy and physiology of a dog, you will see that a dog is designed to eat meat. From the short intestines to the powerful jaw bones to the teeth designed for cutting and ripping flesh.
Raw meat contained live enzymes, natural anti-oxidants, fully digestible proteins, health promoting essential fatty acids, organic vitamins and minerals.
When a dog eats a rabbit, it generally gets to eat some meat, bone, and organ meats. The dog will also digest a small amount of green vegetation found in the rabbit digestive tract. It is these components that make up a good raw dog food diet. The vitamins and minerals in these food groups occur naturally.
Dogs do need raw meaty bones.
Cooking bones makes them brittle and therefore, more likely to splinter and this is why cooked bones are an issue. Do not feed your dog cooked bones.
Dogs and their wild ancestors have been eating raw meaty bones for a very long time with no ill effect. You can see by their teeth that canines are purpose built to eat bones
Chewing on a bone is a very stimulating activity for a dog which also releases endorphins which promote a feeling of well-being.
BARF is all about feeding your dog the way nature intended