What is “Raw Feeding” and why make the switch?
Known around the world as ‘BARF’ (Biologically appropriate raw feeding), raw feeding aims to give dogs a diet that is appropriate to their digestive systems and as close as possible to what they might have eaten as wild animals. The stomach pH in dogs is much lower than that of humans, meaning they are designed to process raw meat and bone.
As a nation we adore our pets, and of course this extends to feed them. Dog Foods often promise the world, but on closer inspection many contain ingredients such as sugars, meat meals, grains, fillers and meat derivatives.
By feeding a raw diet, you can be confident that your dog is eating only the necessary nutrients for a healthy diet.
Reported benefits of raw feeding include:
- Increased energy levels and vitality
- Supports healthy guts
- Cleaner teeth with reduced tartar
- Reduced allergies
- Improved weight control
- Glossy coats with reduced odour
- Fresher breath
- Smaller, firmer stools
- Supports healthy joints and reduced inflammation
- Less smelling stools
- Improved anal gland health
- Supports a strong immune system.
- Supports strong healthy muscles.
- Supports optimum internal organ function.
- Reduced flatulence
- Reduced skin irritations and itching
- Improved wellbeing with happier, healthier dogs as a result of endorphins released by chewing raw meat and bones.
For more information and advice on raw please contact us.